After a long wait, our village playgrounds and gym equipment can be used again. It’s been many weeks since they were closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the restrictions we all needed to head to help stop the virus. Now as the restrictions are eased, we can begin to use our great facilities once again. This is great timing as the school holidays have started and the weather is good.
Members of the Parish Council and helpers have worked extremely hard to get the playgrounds ready to open so that they meet all the current government guidelines. But you will need to do your part too! There are some important guidelines that you must follow to ensure the playgrounds and equipment remain safe to use. These guidelines are displayed clearly around the playgrounds and we would ask you to read these before using the equipment – I have put a copy of the guidelines below so that you can prepare before you go off to enjoy your time in the playgrounds.
to all users of this area
Please remember the following advice to
keep you, your family and your community safe:-
• COVID 19 is still with us, use of this public open space and equipment is at your own risk
• Judge the risk of COVID 19 to you, your family and your
community before entering the play area or using the gym
equipment, if the area is busy and you cannot safely socially distance, please consider coming back later
• Provide your own sanitiser and use before and after your visit
• Try to avoid touching your face while playing
• Remember to socially distance from anyone outside your bubble
• Don’t eat or drink while in the play area or using gym equipment
• If you or anyone in your family are unwell, please do not use any of the equipment
This area is owned and managed by Thorpe Willoughby Parish Council
Any enquiries please contact the clerk 01757 700970 or
Please be aware that after inspection some minor trip hazards have been identified in the playground such as at the entrance gate and under the basket swing. This repair work will be carried out shortly, however, so please be aware of pot holes and wear and tear.